The UK’s favourite disinfectant, Safe4, the best disinfectant for all animals.
The best disinfectant for all animals:
That’s right, you’ve guessed it again, Safe4, is the best disinfectant for all animals. From elephants, to dolphins, to lizards, birds and insects our product and training is for all animals.
For those of you who are using us, congratulations! A large part of your biosecurity protocols ( which product you use ) is already at the top. The second part, how you use the product in your biosecurity measures is something we’re more than happy to help you with, give us a call on 01606591900 and we’ll be happy to advise you. We want all our friends to have the most professional biosecurity standards possible.
For those of you who aren’t using Safe4, it’s never too late to improve! Here’s why using Safe4 will improve your biosecurity standards and ensure you’re using the best disinfectant:
7 good reasons to use Safe4
• Safe4 Disinfectant Cleaner Concentrate is DEFRA approved against General Orders, Tuberculosis Orders and Diseases of Poultry Order and the Avian Influenza and Influenza of Avian Origin in Mammals Order. Why is this important? Independently tested by a Government body, and passed. It does what it says. We are 6 of only approx. 34 disinfectants approved by DEFRA against Tuberculosis
• Safe4 holds an independent test pass for Parvovirus at 1:100 under EN14476 Protocol making it cost effective, and constantly re-tests and tests for additional bacteria, viruses etc. Test certificates and data sheets available on our website. Has your current supplier produced a test certificate? If not ask for one. Here are ours. Safe4 test results
• Safe4 at all working dilutions does not need to be rinsed before coming into direct contact with animals saving time. This issue is important in animal feeders and for the skin or paws of any animals.
• Safe4 is water based and biodegradable. No expensive disposal costs.
• Safe4 does not contain Phenols Aldehydes or Alcohol and is NOT carcinogenic
• Safe4 is Manufactured in the UK, on our site in Cheshire, there’s no supply issues.
• Safe4 answers the phone 24 hrs a day 7 days a week for technical and emergencies.
• A product for which the tests of it’s efficacy are readily available to all of your staff with a help line to answer all of your questions.
• A product that is safe for the environment, safe to your staff and the animals in your care.
• A product that is currently compliant and will be submitting a dossier to the Biocidal Products Registration to remain compliant. Biocidal Products Registration Our agreement with the CTGB in Holland to act as our competent authority for the submission to ECHA for the BPR.
Commitment to training
A day of training with one of our staff contains presentations on:
• How to halt the spread of disease in animals and staff
• Training for employees/volunteers an explanation of biosecurity procedures
• How to understand dilution guides
• How to clean animal housing Training
This presentation is done in an interactive manner with a discussion on practical examples that staff can apply immediately in their day to day activities to improve Biosecurity Standards.
Commitment to BPR
The United Kingdom has signed up to be a member of the European Chemicals Agency headquartered in Helsinki, Finland. This means that in the future, to sell any product that falls under the jurisdiction of ECHA said product would need to follow the regulation and compliance that ECHA has stated.
In the near future an important deadline to submit a dossier of compliance to this new regulation is approaching. All companies who sell biocidal product such as ours will cease to be able to sell these products in Britain and elsewhere unless this is done.
The Biocidal Products Regulation (BPR, Regulation (EU) 528/2012) concerns the placing on the market and use of biocidal products, which are used to protect humans, animals, materials or articles against harmful organisms like pests or bacteria, by the action of the active substances contained in the biocidal product.
The BPR aims to harmonise the market at Union level; simplify the approval of active substances and authorisation of biocidal products; and introduce timelines for Member State evaluations, opinion-forming and decision-making.
The process of testing includes tests that prove the product is biocidal and significantly reduces the Viruses, Mycrobacteria, Fungi and Bacteria it claims to reduce. At the same time the dossier requires that each products whilst they may be able to claim they are biocidal must also not be a risk to the environment. These tests are done over a significant period of time which adds credence to the product’s effectiveness over time.
The dossier is a project that will consume a large part of our time and resources. Other products which are biocidal will not be submitting a dossier leaving them in one of two options. They can either cease to be compliant by March 2019 and therefore will not be sold in the UK and Europe, or they can tag on to a larger company’s submission and essentially have their products be manufactured by that company.
We chose to submit a dossier to the BPR because we want maintain ownership over our manufacturing process and formula and are very keen to maintain our business in Europe.
Used by professionals
Our products are being used by veterinary groups, hospitals and dentists, large and small animal charities, emergency services and defense, zoos, aviaries, aquariums and vivariums, colleges and universities and also by many hospitality organizations.It’s never too late to improve!